Sunday, May 21, 2006

Rendezvous


Walking down levels and levels of shopping arcades it makes me wonder how much do people buy, whether they need that thing or not. There is a sale of handbags and shoes and I saw a sea of people there. Primarily women and some bored men towing behind. Occasionally some men did seem to be interested. Incidentally, I happened to end up at this sale and did pick up couple of bags. I was silently commenting on how exactly these people here buy stuff unnecessarily and there I go, totally gaga over three bags and end up buying two of them. I realize there would be many who wouldn’t understand this behaviour. Please believe me, neither do I quite fathom this fad. Nor the enthusiasm to shop that seems to subside but then tends to come back within half hour of being in the presence of some interesting articles.

Somehow managed to free myself from such worldly pleasures and spend some quality time – with myself. It is but rare when I get such moments when all I do is simply follow my mind without bothering about whose around and what would people with me want. A little niceties that seem to be dying in today’s times. Simple pleasures bring in maximum happiness. Licking an ice-cream while strolling over to the river side amidst peak traffic hour, is a feeling that I had quite forgotten. The supposed busy schedule and career seem to drown the basics of what I would call the pleasures of life.

A little philosophical, can’t help developing such a bent while sitting quietly at the river front. The awe-inspiring structures seem to quietly mellow down from the tough gray to the soothing lights of the evening. Lights dancing on the silent undulation. One of those rare days one gets to notice that in the equatorial region the natural light of the evening persists for a longer period than one realizes when stuck in office. There was just one thing that seemed a little amiss; I missed the nice hot strong cup of tea.

Muddat ke baat , kuch samay apne aap ke saath, bahut acha laga.

5 comments:

Vissu said...

Good one! Sometimes spending time alone would take away all the stress and make you feel relieved.

Suri said...

would have been totally alien to the concept of impulsive shopping, were it not for the things called book shops :)

yeah, seriously..moments of solitude(with age of empires) DOES do one a lot of good :p

Avan said...

Nice posts! All of them! I enjoy the skillful use of words!

Anonymous said...

Great posts! I njoyed reading,thou not yet completed reading your archives, well I will do that in another 1 week.

Keep posting.

The way you have written,and the way you expressed were very heart touching. So much, that I couldnt resist myself to write this comment. :)

Keep up the good work.

Adastrian said...

Thanks all for your appreciation guys.
Does help in writing better :-)