Sunday, April 09, 2006

Vicissitudes

In a day, there are certain moments when you feel, "WOW!!! Everything is going my way" and then just about one small incident or word that alters your mood drastically. A sudden change in circumstances that sometimes bring reality crashing down onto you.

I wish I was as brave as Duke Senior, who says,

"Sweet are the uses of adversity,
Which, like the toad, ugly and venomous,
Wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life exempt from public haunt
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones and good in every thing.
I would not change it."
--Act 2, Scene I- As you like it, William Shakespeare.

But then I try to sing it off by...

"Kabhi zindagi lage bhaari,
kabhi lagti halki-phulki.
Iske rang haske dekhe,
apnaa le khushi... har pal ki."

1 comment:

Vissu said...

Good one Manasa!

Seems everyone have to go through that phase once a while.